Spa Marvel Water Treatment & Conditioner
Spa Marvel is a completely natural and safe alternative to traditional hot tub care. Spa Marvel solves most spa water problems naturally, without the hassle and danger of using multiple chemicals.
- SKU: SMWT
- $56.99 Can
Spa Marvel Natural Water Treatment & Conditioner
Spa Marvel is a completely natural and safe alternative to traditional hot tub water care. Spa Marvel solves most spa water problems naturally, without the hassle and danger of using multiple spa chemicals.
Spa Marvel Water Treatment & Conditioner (Spa Marvel) is an environmentally-friendly, enzyme-based spa-water treatment product that will allow you to operate your spa with significantly fewer chemicals than you would otherwise would, making your hot tub experience more enjoyable and water care much easier. Spa Marvel:
- Clears the path for sanitizers such as chlorine or bromine. This means that it will take less sanitizer to maintain the desired sanitizer readings when using Spa Marvel than when you are not.
- Allows for fewer water balance adjustments.
- Prevents scale build up from accumulating in your plumbing, so that your equipment lasts longer and you no longer need to use stain and scale control.
- Prevents scum lines from forming and does a fantastic job at helping to prevent and eliminate foaming.
- Contains properties that condition your skin, leaving it feeling soft and supple, so well that people with ailments like eczema and psoriasis often find that their condition improves when using Spa Marvel.
- Reduces and prevents scum lines and foaming.
- Is gentle to skin, hair and bathing suits.
- Gives you Water so soft & clean you won’t feel the need to shower after using your spa.
Just empty one bottle of Spa Marvel® into you spa or hot tub water and enjoy the natural benefits for up to three months.
First time users must use Spa Marvel Cleanser prior to using Spa Marvel Water Treatment & Conditioner. Spa Marvel Cleanser is a fast acting proprietary cleanser, that penetrates deep inside your spa’s plumbing and equipment, removing biofilm, organic, mineral and chemical contaminants. In brand new spas, Spa Marvel Cleanser removes residues leftover from the manufacturing process including waxes, oils and resins.
Directions for Spa Marvel Water Treatment & Conditioner
- Use a new filter or properly clean your pleated filter with a product like Spa Marvel Filter Cleaner and replace your spa filter after 1 year of use. If you currently have a new filter, it does not require cleaning prior to using Spa Marvel.
Note: Spa Marvel works very well with PuraSpa disposable hot tub filters, as long as they are replaced every 3 months before you add a new bottle of Spa Marvel Treatment.
- Before adding water to the spa, allow water to run through the hose for 5 minutes, to flush out mould and mildew that may be sitting in the hose. Refill the spa with fresh water. Ideally, use a Spa Pre-Filter on your hose, so you can start with with good quality water, free of contaminants.
- Heat the spa water to your desired temperature. Add one full bottle of Spa Marvel Water Treatment to all tubs up to 500 gallons (2000 liters). Even in smaller tubs, use 1 full bottle as your bather-load per volume of water is usually equal to, if not greater than the larger tubs. (In a brand new spa, add one third of a bottle, the second third in 30 days, and the last third in another 30 days.)
Occasionally when the Spa Marvel Treatment is added, it can be seen as white strands suspended in the water. This is normal and the Spa Marvel will blend with your water once it has had a chance to circulate.
- Balance alkalinity (80-120) and then pH (7.2-8.2), using traditional spa water balancing products.
- Spa Marvel will work at any hardness level, and given the choice, Spa Marvel prefers softer water over harder water, but this is not a requirement. If your source water is so soft that it is corrosive and damages your heater and seals, then please adjust the hardness using calcium hardness increaser to 150-400 PPM. (Never fill your hot tub with water from a water softener. The added salt from a water softener will increase the total dissolved solids in your water and will cause problems with balancing all chemicals.)
- Add 1 tablespoon (15 grams, or 1 puck/tablet) of bromine, chlorine, or lithium to your spa water on start up and once a week thereafter, whenever you are available to do so.
- Allow the spa water to circulate (filter) a minimum of 6 hours per day, and even longer if possible.
If you have a Softub® brand hot tub, or another type of low-circulating spa that will not circulate at least 6 hours per day, you may experience cloudy water. If this occurs add 1 tablespoon (15 grams, or 1 puck/tablet) of chlorine, bromine or lithium every 3 days to compensate for the lack of circulation. The manufacturer of Softub® brand spas recommends that granular chlorine be used in Softub® brand spas.
- Properly clean the filters as required, using a product such as Spa Marvel Filter Cleaner.
The frequency at which filters need to be cleaned is dependent upon spa use. Clean your filter at least once a month, or more often if you have a smaller filter and a higher bather load in your spa. If you have a low-circulating spa with a small filter, and your spa is used by multiple people every day, you may have to properly clean your filter every week. Many Spa Marvel users rinse their filters weekly, and perform a proper filter cleaning every 3-4 weeks.
Since there are virtually no chemicals in your spa to mask the odours harboured in pleated spa filters, if your filters are not cleaned regularly, you will notice a musty smell coming from the spa. If this occurs, properly clean your filter and add spa shock to eliminate the odour.
Regular and proper cleaning of the filter using a product such as Spa Marvel Filter Cleaner, is pivotal to the success of using Spa Marvel. After soaking the filter in filter cleaner, it is critical that the debris is thoroughly removed from the pleats of the filters. The water pressure from showers and kitchen sinks is often not strong enough to remove the debris. If after rinsing your filters there is still discoloration in the pleats or if they still smell, then they are not clean. Many people use a pressure washer to quickly and effectively remove the debris after soaking . If you do not have access to a pressure washer, the sprayer at a car wash works well and won’t tear the filters.
Spa Marvel is not a sanitizer, but will drastically reduce the amount of bromine or chlorine required in your hot tub. Spa Marvel is a unique formulation of natural enzymes, minerals and plant extracts. Put simply, Spa Marvel reduces the food that bacteria feeds on, therefore requiring a lot less sanitizer in your spa. The addition of skin moisturizers and conditioners, will make your skin feel softer as you soak in your hot tub.
We've tested many natural spa products including; The Natural Solution, Spa Solution, Aqua Finesse, EcoOne and Spa Marvel. Based on performance, we recommend Spa Marvel over all the others with a close second going to EcoOne. All are good products, but the use of some chlorine or bromine is required with all natural products.